Are you ready to learn to use your camera, whether it is a DSLR or your phone, to beautifully capture your days? SnapShop exists to come alongside you and help you grow as a photographer. Whether you just bought a DSLR and it is still in the box or your have a general idea of how to shoot in Manual – SnapShop courses and lessons will take you to the next level.
What is SnapShop?
SnapShop Online Photography School consists of two anchor courses – SnapShop:DSLR and SnapShop:Phone, both written by founding photographer Ashley Ann Campbell. New lessons from Ashley and contributing photographers are adding monthly. Additionally, interviews with leading photographers from a variety of specialities are included.
How does this site work?
SnapShop is a self-paced subscription based website. Written in a personal and conversational way, the core courses contain Ashley’s thoughts and approaches to capturing life with your camera. They are very ‘Ashley’ courses – focusing on capturing regular life and are not highly technical. The course is online in a private ‘classroom’. It is not a video course, instead you log in to read the material at your own pace. It is designed to allow you ample time to get through the content and practice. Some students spend a little time each day, while others spend chunks of time on the weekends. The site includes numerous photo examples of everyday life for each lesson. Each course/lesson also includes an area for discussion among members. Sharing links, questions, answers, ideas, tips and tricks among members is encouraged.
What type of school is it?
Well, ‘school’ is the best word to describe a collection of courses, lessons and extended learning. SnapShop is not an official school in the sense you won’t walk away with a certificate or accreditation. SnapShop is an online school in the sense it is a place for teachers and students to gather and dive deeper into learning photography.
What you need to participate:
- a dslr camera and/or a phone camera
- an internet connection – the course is online, so you will need to be able to access the internet to access the content
What is included?
Your monthly membership gives you unlimited access to all the content: the DSLR course ($200.00 value), the Phone course ($50.00 value), past lessons and new lessons for the duration of your membership.
In addition to the main courses and lessons, you will get:
- The opportunity to dialogue with other members regarding the content of each lesson through comments on lessons
- Links to help you grow as a photographer
- Ideas for photo related projects
- Monthly interviews with photographers & business owners
- Tips for understanding how to use Instagram (for those new to the social media app)
What is covered in the DSLR & Phone courses:
- General rules for composition
- How to tell a story with your photographs
- How to capture moments, not poses
- Lighting: how to work with the lighting you have available
- The basics of shooting in Manual: ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture
- Favorite phone apps & accessories
- Basics of editing DSLR photos
- Practice suggestions to help what you learn sink in
- An explanation of Ashley’s personal photography style
- The process Ashley takes for capturing an image & what happens next
What is included in the additional lessons?
This is the part of the course where we take your suggestions for new content. We love you feedback and hearing what you want to learn more about! Individual Q&A is not included in your membership, but we invite you to share your suggestions for the topics you would like to learn more about from Ashley and contributing photographers. We also interview some of your favorite photographers and business owners.
What is not included?
- The option to share your photos and get feedback from Ashley or contributing photographers. You can share links to your photos with other members and ask questions of the community.
- Though Q&A with Ashley and contributing photographers is not part of the course, the course is set-up to encourage discussion among members.
- Discussion on the pros and cons of various phones & cameras.
How do I sign up?
What is the cost?
Your initial SnapShop membership fee is $50.00. Each consecutive month following your first month is $5.00. The $5.00 membership is set up as an automatic renewal.
How do discount codes work?
When you register for SnapShop you will see a box that says “Select” to begin the registration process. After you select that box, you will be directed to a page to start the registration process. In red font, you will find an option to enter your discount code. Most discount codes are only good for a two week period.
How can I find a discount code?
A handful of times each year, I will share a discount code on my blog and on other social media accounts. Featured photographers and businesses will be sharing their own unique discount codes at different times on their own business sites.
Can I get a refund on my membership fee?
Unfortunately, due to the digital nature of the site, immediate refunds are not available. If you join and are unhappy for any reason, please contact us and we will do our best to work through it with you. We want you to be thrilled with your SnapShop experience!
How do I cancel?
Once you are a member, you can access your Account information from the top menu bar. Under “My Memberships” you will find the option to cancel.
Is the $5.00 montly membership fee an automatic renewal?
Yes, the $5.00 monthly subscription is set up as an automatic renewal and must follow your first month fee. If you cancel your membership, you will be required to pay the initial membership fee again before re-starting the $5.00 monthly membership.
Do have an affiliate program?
We do! You can check out the affiliate page for more information. If you have any questions, just let us know!