I could not get to the campsite fast enough. I’ve been looking forward to a few days away. Visions of drinking coffee with two hands while I looked out over the lake danced in my head. I would listen to the leaves rustling. I would smell the campfire. I’d close my eyes and soak in the peacefulness of it all.
The perfect quiet moment never came – at least on that day it didn’t. If I only posted this picture with the caption, “Camping with the family!”…I guarantee the vision that would come to your mind would be quite the opposite of what was happening on the other side of the camera.
- One boy had a dumbbell in one hand and bag of chips in the other (we are all about balance around here)
- One boy was reciting lines from Nacho Libre in a surprisingly accurate accent
- One boy was just making noise. Just because.
- One girl was playing a tin whistle that I specifically said was not allowed on this trip.
- One girl was complaining her muffin didn’t taste right.