The blog needed a facelift. What do you think? There are a lot of changes and I’m going to point those out, but first a little heads up on what to expect in October. For the first time ever I am going to have a theme for the month (we’ll use the word ‘theme’ very loosely). The common denominator for all the post this month will be the number 10….or better said “10 in 10”.
It has been a very, very long time since I unplugged from this blog. I really enjoy this little space online, but I am going to step back for the next two weeks. There will still be daily weekday posts – some by me and some by others. I am so excited about the guest posters I have lined up. I know you are going to enjoy them too. You won’t be able to reach me via email and I won’t be as active on Facebook. I’ll still be checking in here, but mostly I’ll be away.
So get things started on the 10 in 10 theme I thought I’d point out 10 things about this blog you may or may not know…
1. There is an About Me page under the Info tab. You can find a list of my favorite photography equipment, why this blog is called “Under the Sycamore” and a little bio about me.
2. There is a SnapShop page under the Info Tab….more detailed info on the workshops I teach for new dslr owners
3. I’ve listed most of my DIY Projects on a special page…the link is on the Menu bar.
4. I am active on Facebook. You can find a link on the far left side of the blog. Become a fan…I do post a few things there that I don’t post here.
5. I am adding sponsor buttons to the blog. This was a hard decision for me. I love supporting small business and have enjoyed hosting giveaways to help those businesses. However, in recent days the requests to host giveaways has become greater than I can handle. Giveaways will now be limited to sponsors and will take place in one big Giveaway post each month. If you are interested in purchasing a sponsor spot for November, send me and email and I’ll get you the rates (though if you send it in the next 2 weeks expect a delay in my response).
6. My boys have very confusing nicknames on this blog. Here they are Biggest Brother (6 yrs), Big Brother (4 yrs), Littlest Brother (2 yrs). My daughter’s nickname is FireCracker.
7. My Lovelies tab. You can find a little tab on the far left side of the blog. I am somewhat regular about updating this with little lovely things I find online.
8. I have a new header…one that reflects this site a bit more, so I think. I am very much a photographer, but I find myself more and more in the diy world. I like that world. It makes me happy to open my blog and see photos, japanese masking tape, paper doilies, Katie Daisy and graph paper scallops. I used a lot of products from Pugly Pixel in my blog makeover.
9. The Shopping in Your PJs page is gone. It was getting so full and hard for me to even navigate. I am thinking of ways to bring back something for you all to share your stores. Not sure details, but hopefully I can replace that page with something more effective and user friendly.
10. This week I accomplished a lot in regards to this blog and diy related stuff. Some things that many would consider kind of a big deal. I met a lot of deadlines and even worked out a few things for a magazine. Big deals? When I look at this week….what was really valuable….what was the most important thing I did….laying under our sycamore on a blanket with a 2 year old. This week that was the most valuable and most important thing I did. Despite how much I enjoy this blog it is just temporary. Holding my boy under the blowing leaves, just being still with him…that is not temporary.
So that is my first 10 for October. I’d love to hear what you think about the makeover!